35 Simple Ways To Create A Better 'YOU' in 20151:44 AM
Can you imagine we will soon be drawing the curtains on 2014?
As the year draws to its close, many of us run around in a mad rush, finalizing the guest list, catching up with friends & looking for the right gifts for our near & dear.
We often become so involved in the festive season that we barely have time or simply ignore our emotions & forget to mentally prepare ourselves for the coming year.
As I reflect & look back on 2014, I am happy to have accomplished most of the goals I had set myself 12 months ago. Nevertheless, I know I could have done better. There's always a few things we all know we could have done differently, situations in which we could have reacted positively & opportunities we know we shouldn't have let go.
Is that a cause for panic? I don't think so. In fact, it's a good time to review the year & acknowledge our strengths & weaknesses.
We all set goals & resolutions for the year, but can only achieve what we dedicate our time to & work for. With a New Year comes renewed hope, bigger challenges & endless opportunities.
Sitting back & cruising along won't help. We have to make every second count.
Believe that 2015 will be your best year ever. If you've been putting off exercising, healthy eating, learning something new, striking a business deal or being more productive....Now is the time.
No more procrastination!
Avoid waiting until January 1st to work on your resolutions. Begin now. Because waiting until January 1st is just an excuse not to get started. The surest way to attain your goals is to clear your mind of any doubt or fear & mentally prepare yourself to make the most of the coming year.
Here's a list to help you create a better version of yourself in 2015:)
1. Be open to change.
2. Give away a smile or compliment whenever possible.
3. Set high standards for yourself.
4. Associate with people who have got results & learn from them.
5. Whatever you're good at, practice practice & practice.
6. Always take advantage of a good opportunity.
7. Avoid self-sabotaging at all costs.
8. Value yourself as much as you value others.
9. Learn to control your mind before it controls you & takes over your life.
10.Travel. A lot of learning takes place while travelling.
11. Focus on your vision & mission.
12. Get over yourself. Don't take yourself too seriously.
13. If you're given an opportunity & you know nothing about it, say yes then learn how to do it at a later stage.
14. Start a physical activity program you feel excited about.
15. Remove yourself from that toxic relationship you have been putting up with for a long time.
16. Do things you're not good at yet.
17. Help others achieve their dreams & yours will be taken care of in the process.
20. No idea will work unless you do.
21. Cry it all out if you want to but don't give up.
22. If you're on the lookout for a life partner, look for someone who's willing to share your burdens & joys. That way you can have sometime to take care of yourself.
23. Read self help books & autobiographies of inspirational people.
24. Appreciate & love what you have.
25. Eat home cooked meals as much as possible.
26. Always try to make a first good impression.
28. Resolve to carry out good deeds in society.
29. Be bold enough to set audacious goals.
30. Stick to your to do lists.
31. Spend some time in solitude now & then.
32. Admit when you don't know something & ask questions.
33. It can be tough to accept failure but it teaches us many life lessons & keeps us grounded.
34. Take action even when you feel uninspired. The action will itself provide the required inspiration you were looking for.
35. If there's something you really want, don't wish for it to come true. Work for it.
To sum up here's the last nugget of wisdom I would like to share with you;
36. Take the road less travelled. You will be amazed at what you get to discover & learn.
I am hoping the list above can inspire you to take positive steps, & devise your master plan to better yourself in 2015.
"If the road is easy you're likely going the wrong way"
If you like this post, Don't forget to +1 it. Thank you for the love:)